#CountdownToTheDarkKnightRises – The (Quite Literally) Epic (and Non-Spoilery) 13 Min Dark Knight Rises Featurette
While it might seem that all the heavy lifting is done this summer movie season with Marvel’s The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man and many other films already having opened up to boffo box office numbers. We are not done.
Not by a long-shot.
Of course I am speaking of the (quite literally) epic conclusion to the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy The Dark Knight Rises. We have been covering this film for a few years now and it seems very surreal that it is less than two weeks away until the movie opens (to what is already ridiculous box office numbers).
And of course Xavierpop will be counting down to opening with some of the best trailers, images and other stuff that will totally get you in the mood, (like you really need our help).
First off is this ridiculously awesome 13 minute featurette that was released over the weekend. For those of you who are afraid of being spoilered before you go in to the film, fear not, there is nothing really new here. It is a rehash of all the trailers and a few commercials with a bunch of production still interspersed with interviews from the folks behind the scenes (including Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and the man himself Christopher Nolan). The unique thing about this featurette is that it is pretty damn awesome. It easily captures the feeling of the film and quite frankly I went from getting a little tired of all of the marketing stuff being dropped to a guy who remembered why he is a such a huge fan of this series.
Check it out above and see you opening night, if you managed to grab a ticket.
About the Film
Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar(R) winner Christian Bale (The Fighter) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar(R) winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar(R) winner Michael Caine (The Cider House Rules) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar(R) winner Morgan Freeman (Million Dollar Baby) reprises the role of Lucius Fox. The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on “Batman Begins” and the record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight.” The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.
Check out our other coverage of The Dark Knight Rises.
– Soundtrack Listing For The Hans Zimmer Soundtrack To ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
– New Commercial ‘The Dark Knight Rises’/Fan-Made Poster For Trilogy
– Another Full Trailer For ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
– Two More Banner Posters For The Dark Knight Rises
– “I’m Retired…..” 6th Awesome TV Spot For The Dark Knight Rises
– Two More International Banners for ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
– Very Dope Fan-Made ‘RISE’ Posters for The Dark Knight Rises
– ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ MTV Trailer Featuring New Footage
– 7 New High-Res Images From ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
– Four New Epic ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Poster Banners
– The Awesome First TV Spot For ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
– The Second Catwoman-centric TV Spot For ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
– 6 International Dark Knight Rises Posters That Really Bring the Badassosity
– New Dark Knight Poster Brings Us A Little Bit of Burning
– New Dark Knight Rises Trailer Playing Before The Avengers
– The The Dark Knight Rises Official Movie Trailer in HD Goodyness
– The First Proper Glimpse of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’