This script better be fantastic because every other day it seems that we have another Director vying for the opportunity to helm Pride, Prejudice and Zombies.
Can we just pick one please?
Considering I have no idea if this is good or bad because no one knows anything about the film, this is going to be one of the oddest posts we’ve done. However, over at /Film, they are reporting that Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning have been cast in the next superdupertopsecretnoideawhatthehellisgoingon film by J.J Abrams, Super 8.
Here is what we know so far about the film thanks to the nifty list in the article:
- It is not a Cloverfield sequel or prequel.
- It is written and directed by JJ Abrams.
- Yes, produced by Steven Spielberg, along with Bryan Burk and Abrams
- It will be released in 2011 as an Amblin Entertainment (not Dreamworks) release (Paramount Pictures Distributing, Bad Robot Producing)
- This will be an homage/tribute to Spielberg’s 1970’s/1980’s Amblin films, like Close Encounters of a Third Kind and E.T. Imagine combining that with the characters, mystery and supernatural spin of Abrams.
- And it takes place in the late 1979.
- The trailer was shot independently of the film a month ago, and the special effects were done under the cover of Abrams new NBC series Undercovers
- Variety says the film will begin principal photography in Fall 2010.
- The film’s actual budget is in the range of $45 million-$50 million.
- It will be shot traditionally, and not through a handheld Super 8 Camera alaCloverfield.
- The release date could be May 27, 2011.
- HeatVision says that actual movie has something to do with “the possibility that a group of kids in 1979 are playing around making movies with their Super 8 cameras (as Abrams and Spielberg did as kids) and accidentally capture something … sinister, on film.” This certainly gels with Vulture’s original theory on the trailer.