We are starting to get to that point where it is sink or swim for shows as TV execs start handing down decisions on who lives to air another day.
Below you will find a round up of the latest :
- One of the best shows on tv right now has been picked up in a no-brainer as Homeland gets a third season.
- I am finally catching up on Arrow and man is it a great show. This is why I am thrilled that it has been picked up for the season. At this pace, it’s only matter of time until it gets renewed for Season 2 as its ratings have been absolutely blockbuster for the network.
- My love for the shows of USA Network has no limit. Huge fan everything they put out led by the always charming and pretty bad-ass (after its 2nd Season) Suits has been officially renewed for a third season. This one was more a formality and I for one am eagerly waiting for it.
- Keeping with the USA Network shows, we also have season renewals for network stalwarts Royal Pains, White Collar and Covert Affairs. For Royal Pains, the pickup is for 26 episodes across two additional seasons, the show’s fifth and sixth. White Collar and Covert Affairs each got a 16-episode renewal for a fifth and fourth season, respectively.
From the studio head :
The move comes as USA wrapped a seventh consecutive summer as the No. 1 cable network across all key demos.
It seems that luck has run out for some freshman shows as the first round of cancellations have come down :
- ABC has cancelled Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue after a few episodes. I had high hopes for Last Resort even though I initially didn’t like the idea of the show. It was pointed out on our FB page that there really was no long term play with it which when I think about it, is true. I never got into 666 Park Avenue so I guess there is no point now.
- I was really enjoying Partners and even though it was a little overly formulaic, it was still very funny. Unfortunately I am in the minority as CBS has axed the show. I honestly feel they should have given it more time but whatever.
That’s it for now. See you next time.
Top of the list of those shows for me is White Collar starring Matt Bomer and Tim Dekay. It is a smart, well written show that encapsulates the cool of the updated Ocean’s 11 movie series while infusing the simplicity and brilliance of the Thomas Crown Affair.
Big words, however it only goes to illustrate just how much of a fan I am.
As part of the upcoming season premier June 7th, USA Network is attaching a teaser commercial to the beginning of some of the biggest blockbuster films this year. Being played Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides and X-Men : First Class, USA Networks hopes to create some buzz about the premier.
What is cool is that they are using the popularity of White Collar to bring some attention to another fantastic show that the USA Network has placed right after White Collar on the schedule.
It is a great series that is fun, fresh and full of a ton of potential.
This trailer doesn’t really illustrate just how cool these shows are, however they act as a great intro to them.
Head over Deadline.com to check it out.
What say you?